Account Executive, D Home Magazine
Dallas-Fort Worth’s premier, award-winning shelter publication, is currently seeking an individual who is self-motivated, outgoing and highly confident to join the sales team as an Account Executive. Since its inception in 2000, D Home’s mission has been to elevate great design, celebrate the good life, and build and support community of advertisers and readers. Whether it’s our editors scouring the region for the best and the most beautiful or our business team strategizing creative solutions for our clients – we are obsessive about creating the best product offering. We’re looking for an account executive to help achieve that mission.Candidates will be required to:
- Achieve and exceed sales goals on a bi-monthly basis.
- Expand existing business while prospecting and closing new business.
- Develop integrated advertising solutions that leverage print, digital and event sponsorship opportunities.
- Conduct outside sales calls, appointments and other various touch points daily.
- Attend company, client and industry networking events when appropriate.
- A knowledge and understanding of the local home and design industry
- A natural ability to develop relationships
- A tireless work ethic, sharp business acumen and strong communication skills
- A proven track record of prospecting and closing new business
- The ability to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to easily learn database software and other relevant applications
- Minimum of two (2) years sales experience, preferably in the media industry
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations or related industry
Please send cover letter and resume to Joey Conicella, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Writer/Editor, D CEO Magazine
D CEO Magazine, the award-winning monthly business title of D Magazine Partners, is seeking a senior writer/editor. The ideal candidate will report and write about the region’s major industries, including commercial and residential real estate. The candidate also will conceive of, help assign, and edit compelling stories about all aspects of Dallas-Fort Worth business. In addition, the candidate will oversee long-term special projects. Please send resume and clips to Glenn Hunter, Editor, at email@example.com.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting, writing, and editing for print and online publications
- Working collaboratively with art/production departments on special projects
- At least five years of business journalism experience
- Exceptionally organized
- Attentive to detail
- Team leadership experience
- Project management experience
- Expertise in social media
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Competitive compensation plan
- Company benefits include medical, dental, disability, holidays, retirement savings
Digital Editor and Marketing Manager
The People Newspapers Digital Editor and Marketing Manager is responsible for promoting all editorial-based products under the People Newspapers umbrella and upholding the brand. This includes creating custom promotional plans for editorial products and projects; overseeing and executing the newspapers’ social media and digital strategy and day-to-day upkeep; and managing strategic partnerships with events/organizations. Also responsible for working with local partner businesses and customers to ensure their brand experience is up to standard and promoting the publications and sub-brands through various avenues. The role requires a strategic thinker who always keeps the brand and its building blocks top of mind, as well as a skilled project manager who works cross-departmentally and ensures marketing tasks and projects are completed.
The ideal candidate should have strong writing, reporting, and interpersonal communication skills. The person filling the role must be able to copy edit news and feature articles under tight deadlines while adhering to AP Style guidelines. Candidate will be expected to provide editorial content for website, print publication, and multiple social media platforms. Attendance at some government meetings and community events is also required.
To apply for this position, email your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Account Executive
The business group at D Magazine Partners is hiring a sales professional to join our team and represent Dallas Innovates and other group products. Dallas Innovates is a partnership between D Magazine Partners and the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Launched in February, this new initiative serves to promote the region as a hub for innovation, creativity and forward thinking businesses. We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated and creative advertising sales professional to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running, close business and who is motivated to make money. The sky is the limit.SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
- Ability to get in front of C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to : email@example.com.