D Magazine is seeking a self-motivated individual that can multitask with a great attitude. Must be organized, enthusiastic, and eager to support our creative and fast-paced work environment.Hours:
8:30am to 5:30pm with an hour lunch break
- Open and close the office each day
- Ensure all phone calls are handled swiftly and professionally
- Manage conference room calendars
- Process all single copy sales for D Magazine & People Newspapers
- Keep the lobby/kitchen/conference areas tidy and magazine racks stocked at all times
- Keep kitchen and coffee supplies organized and well stocked
- Ensure conference rooms are clean and organized at all times
- Greet guests and walk-ins cheerfully and professionally
- Mail tear sheets/statements for D Magazine & People Newspapers
- Update employee extension lists and company intranet resources
- Report maintenance requests to landlord
- Update Intranet with current employee contact information and resources
- Send out all staff emails
Graphic Designer, D Magazine
This year, at the annual City and Regional Magazine Awards, D Magazine won general excellence in its circulation category. You know what you should do? Come work here and help us win it again in 2017. The D Magazine art department is seeking a creative, talented graphic designer to join our team. The junior level position will work with art directors for D, D CEO, DHome and D Weddings, and be responsible for general administrative duties and design work.Essential Job Functions:
- Performing general administrative duties, including arranging photo shoots, collecting existing art and photography, and internal and external image research.
- On-set assistance with photo shoots.
- Product pulls and returns.
- Design of regular department pages for the magazine.
- Working with editors to fit copy to layouts.
- Working with production to route designed pages through the editorial process to print.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design.
- 1-2 years professional experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Mac OS.
- Basic understanding of typography and color.
- Ability to multitask within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to perform independently and within a team.
Please email cover letter, resume, and link to online portfolio or PDF samples to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Administrative Coordinator, D Magazine
D Magazine is searching for a profoundly organized and proactive administrative coordinator. This position is responsible for all administrative office operations, assists the CEO and President, and serves as manager to the administrative assistant. The perfect candidate is self-managing and demonstrates thoughtful judgement and calm attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.Key Responsibilities
- Provide daily administrative support to the Chairman & CEO and President
- Order and maintain inventory of office/breakroom supplies
- Administer all potential hire testing
- Process all office mail
- Provide support to the administrative assistant as needed
- Maintain all office vendor relationships and negotiate new contracts
- Manage office construction and maintenance
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- 3-4 years of administrative and client service experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to prioritize and execute projects small and large without major guidance or management
- Interest in constantly assessing and evolving office practices in order to streamline processes or save the company money
- Willingness to cheerfully tackle unexpected fires
Advertising Account Executive
The business group at D Magazine Partners is hiring a sales professional to join our team and represent Dallas Innovates and other group products. Dallas Innovates is a partnership between D Magazine Partners and the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Launched in February, this new initiative serves to promote the region as a hub for innovation, creativity and forward thinking businesses. We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated and creative advertising sales professional to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running, close business and who is motivated to make money. The sky is the limit.SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
- Ability to get in front of C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and you resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org.