Receptionist and Administrative Assistant
D Magazine is seeking a self-motivated individual to serve as our receptionist, who operates at the hub of our fast-paced, creative company. You will be the first greeter for every guest and all of our staff, every day, so your good cheer, competence, and enthusiasm are required. Must be organized, a multi-tasker, and a problem-solver. You must enjoy being a pleasing host to everyone who walks through our door, be it the Jimmy Johns delivery guy, the CEO of our company, or one of our amazing clients.Key responsibilities:
- Open and close the office each day
- Ensure all phone calls are handled swiftly and professionally
- Manage conference room calendars
- Process all single copy sales for D Magazine & People Newspapers
- Keep the lobby/kitchen/conference areas tidy and magazine racks stocked at all times
- Keep kitchen and coffee supplies organized and well stocked
- Ensure conference rooms are clean and organized
- Greet guests and walk-ins cheerfully and professionally
- Mail tear sheets/statements for D Magazine & People Newspapers
- Report maintenance requests to landlord
- Send out all staff emails
- Available to start immediately
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced, high volume environment
- Problem solver able to adapt to changing situations
- Experience in an administrative role
- Bachelor’s degree recommended but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook & Word
Associate Advertising Art Director
D Magazine Partners is looking for a skilled designer and team player to join our Marketing team. If you’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously, this is the job for you.
The Associate Advertising Art Director provides creative supervision on all in-house advertising design, both for internal and external clients. This position also oversees special section content and client sales materials. He/she works with various departments on cross-company creative initiatives, like stationary and multi-platform brand campaigns, and partners with a team of marketers and designers in pursuit of these creative ends. Please send your resume and portfolio to Gillea Allison at email@example.com.Job responsibilities:
- Creative direction on D Magazine Partners’ various brand initiatives, including overall look and feel, and print ad design
- In conjunction with the Managing Editor of Special Section, concept and design of D Magazine Partners’ special section content for advertisers. Work within the ship and production schedule of more than 40 magazines a year.
- Concept and design for company media kits and promotional materials, in addition to all sales materials ranging from sales sheets to presentations, proposals, media kits, and more.
- Produce all signage, invites, and event materials for more than 60 events a year.
- Print ad design for external clients as needed.
- Design and delivery for D Magazine Partners stationary and office-wide materials.
- Manage vendor relationships with various printers and paper providers and freelance budgets.
- Periodically contribute to side projects from the Chairman.
- 3-4 years of related experience
- Agency or magazine design background required
- Degree in design or related field
- Exceptional communication and team-driven abilities; ability to work well with business and marketing teams (aka non-designers)
- Substantial design project management experience
- Familiarity with quarterly and annual design/art budgets preferred; experience in budgeting freelance photography and art
- Mastery of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Compelling portfolio showcasing versatility and creativity
- Exceptional communication and team-driven abilities
D Weddings is looking for brand ambassadors! As a brand ambassador, you will be responsible for leading on-campus marketing initiatives, from distributing collateral to organizing and hosting bridal pop-ups. You will also get the chance to meet the best wedding vendors in the industry. Must be an effective communicator and have an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re looking for a go-getter who is comfortable collaborating with the D Weddings team, weddings vendors, and sororities on campus. The D Weddings Brand Ambassador program is unpaid.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Account Executive
The business group at D Magazine Partners is hiring a sales professional to join our team and represent Dallas Innovates and other group products. Dallas Innovates is a partnership between D Magazine Partners and the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Launched in February, this new initiative serves to promote the region as a hub for innovation, creativity and forward thinking businesses. We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated and creative advertising sales professional to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running, close business and who is motivated to make money. The sky is the limit.SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
- Ability to get in front of C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to : email@example.com.