Managing Editor, D Home and D Weddings
We are looking for a delightful managing editor for our award-winning home and wedding magazines. D Home and D Weddings aren’t just pretty. They’re smart. The managing editor is at the center of the process, requiring both writing, editing, and keep-the-trains moving skills, such as:
- Manage team workflow to ensure production deadlines are met
- Facilitate cooperation and communication between departments, acting as liaison between editorial, art, and production staffs
- Write content ranging from features and front-of-book stories to headlines, cover lines, captions
- Edit stories for content, grammar, voice, and length
- Fact-check stories to ensure accuracy
- Plan and concept editorial content with staff
- Set editorial deadlines and manage issue run lists and production schedules
If you are both creative and process-oriented, and have a passion for shelter and wedding editorial, this is your dream job. Oh, and good taste is a must. You report directly to the Editor.
Please send your resume and any work samples to Chelsey Plumlee at email@example.com
Graphic Designer – D Custom
Do you mock poorly kerned type or bad user experiences? Are you willing to push yourself beyond your creative limits. D Custom, an award-winning Dallas-based content marketing agency, is hiring a graphic designer to grow its design team. As a member of the D Custom design team, you’ll be working in a fast-turn environment where collaboration is essential to your success. It is very much a people-oriented job, involving the development of concepts for multiple design projects and an extremely diverse B2B and B2C client list.Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or related field.
- 1-2 agency experience.
- Strong print and digital design skills reflected in portfolio or website.
- Keen eye for typography, layout, color, and photography.
- Ability to think on your feet in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Positive attitude and proactive, strategic thinker.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
- Be self-motivated, accountable and detail-oriented
- Support the Creative Director with development of custom publications, websites, marketing collateral, photoshoots, and video direction.
- Manage digital production of websites.
- Collaborate with editorial and strategy team to ensure creative is on target.
- Be able to effectively communicate ideas to team and present them to the client.
Send a cover letter and résumé to Kyle Phelps at firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please.
Advertising Account Executive
People Newspapers a D Magazine affiliate is looking for a smart, creative advertising sales person to join our team. Candidates must be self-starters, resourceful and able to thrive in high pressure, but fun, environments.SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create new business opportunities through personal selling activities and effective networking
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients.
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
- Ability to get in front of high-level decision makers
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.