Editorial Research Coordinator, D Magazine
D Magazine seeks a smart editorial research coordinator to join our staff and help us put out one of the best magazines in the country. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and manage multiple data-driven projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate would be a pleasure to eat lunch with, and, additionally, the ideal candidate would be the sort of person who remembers to pick up whatever he or she just printed and not just leave it on the printer, contributing to the ridiculous stack of unclaimed print jobs that wastes paper. The ideal candidate would never say, “Hot enough for ya?” The ideal candidate would not have a criminal record or a code name like The Muffin Man that was given to him or her by the FBI during the course of an investigation. The ideal candidate would know that “data” is a plural subject.
Please note: this job is not the right fit for someone whose goal is to write and edit longform magazine stories. This job is about gathering and managing survey data.
The ideal candidate should send a great cover letter and résumé to Kathy Wise (firstname.lastname@example.org). Here are some specifics to help you decide if you are that candidate:Key Responsibilities
- Organize and implement voting processes for all professional services award programs (Best Doctors, Best Lawyers, Best Real Estate Agents)
- Fact check final winner lists before they go to print
- Manage and update online directory listings for professional services, including overseeing the work of an outside freelancer who assists in this effort
- Oversee fact checking and story generation/assignments for annual D Medical Directory
- Collaborate with sales, editorial, marketing, and audience development to streamline award programs’ processes and ensure accuracy
- Organize and lead panels of doctors and lawyers and other professionals who review our “Best” lists prior to publication
- Bachelor’s degree and one to two years working in data analytics and/or media
- Proficient with Excel a must; familiarity with DataJoe, Wufoo, Second Street, or other survey software preferred
- Remarkable organizational and time-management skills
- Quick learner, strong work ethic, ability to stay on task, driven, analytical
People Newspapers a D Magazine affiliate is looking for a smart, creative advertising sales person to join our team. Candidates must be self-starters, resourceful and able to thrive in high pressure, but fun, environments.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage assistant editor and a team of freelance writers and photographers
- Assign and edit stories for both editions
- Work with writers on story and special section development
- Work collaboratively with Publisher and Production on developing special sections and story packages
- Act as voice for the paper in the community by being involved
- Bachelor’s degree + 3-4 years newsroom experience
- Management experience a plus
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Indesign, InCopy, and WordPress
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive compensation plan
- People Newspapers benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability and retirement savings.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.